Wednesday, September 26, 2007

1st Letter from MTC

May 5th 2005

Well great first day at the MTC! After I left you guys, I got in a line to check on shots and get keys and all this paper work. They also gave me a big blue bag full of Chinese books, like seven or eight of em!
I got my luggage and went to my room- 4 missionary's in the room. My companion is Elder Meyers- He is an awesome kid. He has already been to 2 years of BYU, he graduated way early from high school. He is in Cinematography. Like he goes freelance and makes commercials - Last summer he was in Africa doing a documentary. I like him a lot.
Dinner was great and we got Ice Cream too! They got like tons of Juice Stuff- flavors I have never heard of... lots of fun.
We had an orientation with our district. I am the senior companion and in 6 weeks we switch and I am Junior.
Every Sunday we write a talk in the Language. So when we get to Taiwan, we will have 11- 5 min. talks all ready to give in church!
Tomorrow we start our classes so all should be good!

Love Elder Joey Langford

[Back of Envelope: "This place is bāng! (awesome) Love Liág Zhāng Lăo(Elder Langford)]

No comments: