Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Elder Langfords Trainer

(Joeys trainer sent this to his mom and she forwarded it us)Hello everyone!
Pretty much a long time since I have been able to email (or so it feels) so I am feeling pretty good right now. What a busy week this week. A lot of cool new things to do, and so I have been a little more busy than before. But let me tell you something cool about being the district leader. Every night all of the companionships have to call and report in and they tell me how the day went and what happened and so on (we have 3 sets of Elders and one set of Sisters) and so I have them tell me their miracle for the day, and I get to hear stuff that is so amazing. I tell you what, this truly is our Heavenly Fathers work. I sometimes am just sitting there with my mouth opened saying "really?" There is some great faith in this district, and everyone is recieving so many blessings. Like yesterday for instance, we had a lesson with a young man named Lin Jia Yi, and he had no showed the day before, and so I was worried that he was gonna do it again(me and Elder Brown taught him before, but he stopped coming to his appointments, but I felt like we should give him another chance). So it is time for his appointment, and he is not there. So I say to Elder Langford, lets say us a prayer. I said a prayer and told Heavenly Father that we really wanted to help this young man return and live with Him someday, and if he didn't come to the meeting we had set up, that it was because now was not his time. So, we said Amen, and right after, I mean right after, the phone rang. I said "Elder Langford, if that is him I am going to pass out." Wow. It was him. So basically, we met with him, and he is getting baptized on the 18th. It was a really cool experience.
So Elder Langford has a lot of faith, and I am just working my hardest. I think that I really have seen more miracles this past week than in my whole mission put together. Last Sunday we had a whole family at church. A man named Zhang Jiao Rong, his wife, and their 11 year old daughter. I was so happy. Let me tell you about Zhang Jiao Rong. He is a member referral and me and Elder Brown taught him one lesson, and he kept his commitment and prayed about the Book of Mormon, and basically he was overcome with the spirit, and he knows that it is true with all of his heart. When he got that answer, for some reason, he decided to quit smoking. He hadn't heard the word of wisdom or anything, but a ten year smoker just quit:). Anyways, he is awesome and is also getting baptized on the 18th of August. His wife and daughter live in a city called GaoXiong for the summer so we cant teach them until they come back when school starts again. This man is a leader. It is amazing how many miracles that I have seen. I love it.
Elder Langford is doing great, he isn't scared to talk to people and he is learning and growing fast. He is obedient and humble, so it has all worked out so far. I hope that it will continue to do so. I really feel honored to be his trainer. I am glad that you were able to meet his family, everything that I have heard from Elder Langford has been great, so I am excited to meet them one day. I have been learning and growing so much this past week, I wish you could all see me now:) I am definately not the same one who left, but it is such a good change. We had zone conference as well this week and I was able to see Elder Wynn in action. It made me so happy, he is such a knowledgable guy, and this is his last few weeks on his mission. Have you recieved a letter from him? He asked me to ask you. He said he wrote one a while ago. Man, I am getting along in the mission. Pretty much a lot of the older missionaries are gone now, and I am one of the older, it is crazy. I still love it with all my heart (even if this drunk guy at 6:00 in the morning just came over and yelled at us. It was the first bird that I have got so far. Poor guy) Anyways, all is well, I am seriously finding myself completely immersed in the Lords work. I love my Savior Jesus Christ so much, and I love you too family! Love, Elder John Marble Taidong North Branch

No comments: